SMBHA Illness Policy
Surrey Minor Ball Hockey Association Illness Policy
Updated: May 8, 2021
Policy adapted from ViaSport guidelines.
In this Policy “Team Member” includes contractors, parents, participants, spectators, and volunteers.
- Inform someone in a position of authority (coach, team manager, safety person) immediately if you feel any symptoms of COVID-19, such as fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and painful swallowing, stuffy or runny nose, loss of sense of smell, headache, muscle aches, fatigue, loss of appetite, nausea or diarrhea.
See BCCDC website for a full list of symptoms: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/about-covid-19/symptoms
- Team Members must review and conduct a self-assessment before attending their practice/game/activity to attest that they are not feeling any of the COVID-19 symptoms.
- It will be mandatory to fill out the Team Snap self-assessment (My Health Check) prior to attending your activity. It will be available 8 hours before your activity and must be filled out.
- Managers/coaches may visually monitor Team Members to assess any early warning signs as to the status of their health and touch base on how they are regarding their personal safety throughout the practice/game/activity.
If a Team Member is feeling sick with COVID-19 symptoms
- They should remain at home and contact Health Link BC at 8-1-1.
- If they feel sick and/or are showing symptoms while within the sport environment, they should be sent home immediately and contact 8-1-1 or a doctor for further guidance.
- No Team Member may participate in a practice/game/activity if they are symptomatic.
- To return to play the Team Member must either quarantine for 14 days, or optionally provide either a doctor’s note or a negative test confirming the participant is clear of COVID-19
If a Team Member tests positive for COVID-19
- Follow the direction of health officials
Quarantine or Self-Isolate if:
- Any Team Member who has have travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days (with exception for those exempt under the Federal Quarantine Act).
- Any Team Member who has come into close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Any Team Member who has been advised to do so by health officials.
- Any Team Member with any symptoms of COVID-19 is not permitted to enter any part of the facility and must follow the health official’s recommendations.
- Any Team Member from a household with someone showing symptoms of COVID-19 is not permitted to enter any part of the facility and must follow health official’s recommendations.
- Any Team Member who is in quarantine or self-isolating as a result of contact with an infected person or in families who are self-isolating, is not permitted to enter any part of the facility.